Assume that you’re given the option to change your lifestyle, what are the things you’d change?
- Your doctor
Perhaps, you’d have healthy add-ins, like cycling, climbing, swimming and more. The list gets longer the more you think and goes into the details of this question. However, the point is, you can always change the way you live, with slight thinking, research and effort. You may have to save some money as well, but that won’t be the key here, in this post.
As the title suggests, this post is all about flooring options, and some of which can be chosen even if you have a tight budget. Making up your mind is always the first step to change your lifestyle, then you have to forgo something to begin that change and that’s where you enter into the new style.
Flooring is an important component of home theme and design. You have plenty of options for flooring and mind you, the decision has to be spot on since it’s a long-term investment – at least for 5 years. You may want to start with the deck outside and change the look of your deck with outdoor wood tiles, or you can begin with the kitchen. It depends on what purpose you have with the kind of change to begin with.
If you’re selling your house, you have to think about outdoors first. Get the best outdoor flooring for patio balconies or terraces. After that, move inside and change other things.
Types of Outdoor Flooring
There are different types of outdoor flooring; each with unique benefits. We’re going to discuss only a few options that are quite common.
Outdoor Wood Tiles
Wood is the best material for all seasons and it’s long lasting as well. However, wood can also be expensive, if you want to make the real impression.
- Wood tiles have a large variety
- There are many by-products of wood that can be used in flooring
- Wood material resists heat and gives natural feel to the exterior of your house
- Polished wood with minimum holes in it, can last longer because it prevents dirt, dust and germs to penetrate inside. Nevertheless, a wood gets deteriorated after a long time.
Outdoor Plastic Tiles
Another material that’s been increasingly popular along with wood, plastic has been the real deal breaker for those homeowners who have tight budgets. Plastic tiles are available in a large variety of colors, themes and designs. More importantly, they come cheap too. The downside of plastic material is, it doesn’t last as much as wood, loses color and wears off in tough weather condition. On the other hand, it resists water better than wood.
- Plastic tiles are available in different sizes and shapes
- You can install outdoor plastic tiles in your deck, balconies, porches, and patios.
- Plastic tiles can be replaced easily. They have low cost, so you can replace them cheaply.
So, along with many options to change your lifestyle, these are some practical things you can start with.