We believe good quality Linen is the fabric perfect for any reason in every season. It is regarded by many as the best fabric to date and is favoured for its many purposes due to its unmatched properties and benefits.
Today, linen serves as a great fabric to incorporate almost everywhere in the home – from bedding to upholstery, and even wallpaper. If you love the look of a luxury hotel room, decorating with linen may be the element you’ve long been missing.
If you want your home to be taken over with the versatility and elegance of linen, Macey & Moore, a trusted name in pure linen market, will walk you through some 8 ways to freshen up your home décor with linen. Read on:
1. Bedding>Linen bedding is the best way to instantly transform your bedroom similar to the ones you find in magazines. Incorporating little details such as layers of pillows in linen cases, linen shams and linen quilt already lends a cozy feel to your bedroom. It is available in a range of style and neutral colours similar to the ones from the Macey & Moore Pure French Linen Collection that coordinating it with your existing décor is almost never a concern.
>2. UpholsteryThe decorative purposes of linen are not limited to bedding. It is also an ideal choice if you are considering reupholstering your damaged living room furniture or simply wants to rebirth them with a new look. Linens don’t only accentuate the style of your furniture, investing in this durable fabric also ensures that your furniture will remain looking beautiful for years even when subjected to daily heavy wear.
TIP: Linen is also an ideal fabric for reupholstering your couch. Take its look up a notch by adding a few linen blankets and pillows.
3.>3. Window Curtainspan style="font-weight: 400;">Whether you’re looking into a modern or vintage setting, lacy linen curtains on your windows or doorways lend a laidback and aesthetic touch to your space. It also keeps your living room bright and airy even on summers as it doesn’t entirely block the sunlight and breeze from passing through. Linens naturally have a long chic drape that is highly resistant to pilling and dust so it stays beautiful for longer.
4. Tab>4. Table Linensstyle="font-weight: 400;">There is nothing more luxurious than serving dinner to guests on a table laid with table linens – tablecloth, runners and napkins. If you worry about food and drink stains, you should go for linens with darker shade. But, if you want to keep it subtle, then you should consider using pastel or neutral-coloured linens that complement the dinnerware you’ll set on top of it. Be sure that every fabric is uniform in colour or at least use colours of the same hue.
5. Towels<>5. Towelse="font-weight: 400;">This is a less is more solution for your home, not to mention budget-friendly too. Here’s some of the ways you can incorporate a touch of this trend to your bathroom:
- Store them in your bathroom where they can be seen. Add a ladder or a freestanding shelf where folded towels can be displayed.
- Place wicker baskets under your sink for easy access to towels. Neatly folded towels in a basket adds a pop of colour to your bathroom.
- Hang a few linen towels on hooks or a repurposed coat rack for a country home style.
6. Wallpaperinen wallpapers is a long-lasting alternative to traditional wallpapers that add texture and pattern to your walls. It instantly turns a plain, old wall into a bold statement without overpowering the existing décor of your space. It is already sufficient in itself, even with the absence of artworks and other wall displays.
7. Lamp Shades
7. Lamp Shadesfurbishing your lamp shades with linen fabric is a frugal way to give your lighting and space a new look. While a plain linen is already subtly chic and stylish, you can still add a touch of your personal taste to your lampshade by embellishing it with painted floral patterns or even dyeing it. Likewise, you can glitz it up with acrylic rhinestones, pearls or other fixings.
8. Bean Bags
8. Bean Bagsnally, you will also find bean bags handy if you are looking for a functional yet classic piece of furniture to add to your home. Bean bags, similar to the Nordic Bean Bag and Ottoman Set from Macey & Moore is ideal for a reading corner in a bedroom, living room or balconies. They can also double as a bed for sleepovers and guests.
This list only proves that linen is a timeless fabric that easily fits in within every part of your home. With a wide variety of linen materials, patterns and colours to choose from, you will never run out of ideas when decorating your home with linen.
Do you have anything to add to this list? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Macey & Moore is a trusted name in the pure linen market offering genuine coverlets, bedspreads, home interiors and much more. The business is marked by its signature use of Genuine Heavy Weight Pure Linen and shows a sincere commitment in providing the highest quality home interior products to the Australian market. Visit them online to find out more.