New roof installation happens to be more complex than it appears to be. If this job is not done rightly, leaks can show up and can actually damage the entire structure beneath it. This is not a task for novices. Saving money upfront by doing this task incompetently will be costing you a lot more down the road. Below are some of the vital aspects you need to think about when it comes to new roof installation Ann Arbor Michigan.
Materials To Be Used – Roofing materials come in a wide variety. There are pros and cons to each one of them.
- Composite Shingles – These conventional composite shingles perhaps be the best buy for a budget minded. Such products are widely available in a range of quality and are rated accordingly. They may last for up to 20 or even 30 years depending on the quality chosen. They come in an array of colors too.
- Clay Tile – Terra cotta titles are very much popular these days. They are very much suitable for the Spanish and Mediterranean architectural designs. These are extremely durable but also quite heavy therefore the building’s structure must be built to withstand their weight.
- Metal Roofing – You will find a variety of different metallic products that are made available to suit the multitude of different architectures. The price range varies from relatively inexpensive to very pricey, depending on the kind chosen. Metal is a great choice in snowy regions as the snow and ice will easily slide right off.
- Wooden Shakes – Nowadays, a roof that looks like wooden shake perhaps be a composite product. Timber happens to be the classic preference but require a lot of maintenance than other varieties.
- Existing Roof – If you house has just one layer of shingles, it is very much possible to lay a new layer over the top. This will save the labor costs and will add another layer of insulation to boot. A third layer on the top is just a big no, nevertheless, because it will become a lot heavier for the supports.
Who To Install?
An experienced roofing service should be hired to do this job as the structural components are one of the crucial elements of a building. A faulty job will put your entire house structure in danger of being damaged during windstorms. The floor coverings, furnishings, wallboards, electrical systems and much more can be ruined if the leaking occurs. Mold may also develop in ceiling and attics regions which can cause health issues. New roof installation Ann Arbor Michigan is not something to cut corners on.