You need to be extra particular when looking for a furniture removals company. With the pandemic still raging, you need to work with a company that can do the job and makes you feel safe and secure. This is why you should look for particular attributes when looking for one. Looking for particular attributes when looking for a removalist company will avoid you from having to experience the following stress:
- Delays – an incompetent company will cause delays on your moving timeline
- Extra Costs – you will end up spending more if you would work with an incompetent company that does not practice honesty, integrity, and transparency
- COVID Scare – you would be putting your life and your loved ones’ lives at risk if you’d work with an incompetent company that does not follow strict health protocols for everyone’s safety.
To free you from such stress, you should look for the following attributes when looking for a removalist:
How much are you moving? Will you need to move items and furniture from a big house or just some clothes and houseware? You need to look for a removalist that can tend to the kind of help that you need.
If you’re moving big items, sensitive objects, and massive furniture, you need to ensure that the removalist that you’d hire has the right vehicles and the right manpower.
You should also be particular with the kind of move that you will undertake. Will it be within the city or will you be moving to a brand new state? You need to look for a removalist company that has the right permits to do so. Not all removalist companies can handle interstate moving.
2. Proper Training.
You should only work with a furniture removals company that has a fully trained and experienced crew and staff. These are personal items that you’d be entrusting to them and you need to make sure that they are competent enough.
Working with untrained and amateur staff and crew can lead to more headaches as they can cause more damage than good. Trained movers know how to properly handle all kinds of items in the most efficient and safest way. Untrained ones simply do not know how to do so so you will be putting your items and furniture at risk. Hence, you should make it a point to inquire about the training process and experience of staff and crew when you’re negotiating with a prospective removalist.
3. Right Equipment.
You should only work with a furniture removal company that can properly handle all your needs. A removalist company can only do this if they have the right equipment. Equipment necessary for a hassle-free and stress-free move does not involve vehicles alone. A good furniture removals company will also have the following equipment:
- special packing materials
- a fleet of vehicles in top condition
- equipment for assisting removalists with lifting
- equipment for assisting removalists with sliding
- equipment for assisting removalists with transporting heavy items
- equipment for assisting removalists with transporting bulky items
- equipment for assisting removalists with transporting sensitive and fragile items
If you would be transporting special objects like pianos and art pieces, you should make it a point to directly inquire if a furniture removal company is equipped with the proper equipment for the smooth and safe transportation of such.
You should only work with a certified and registered removals company. This is very important because you need to be sure that you’re working with a company that complies with and obeys all mandated government protocols and requirements. You should also only work with a removals company that is certifieda third-party professional body or association. A company that does not have one should put you on alert. You should consider such a red flag.
A certified and duly registered removals company should also bear the badge of the Australian Furniture Removers Association (AFRA).
You should only work with a removals company that is fully insured. It is simply the best way to ensure your safety and security from damage and any moving issue during the move. An insured removals company will be duly capable to answer to any kind of problem, concern, issue, or accident that may arise during the moving process.
Hence, you should duly inquire about a prospective company’s insurance policies. Inquire about their processes and ask about their protocols instead anything unwanted or unexpected will take place. You should simply skip on a removals company that does not offer insurance coverage and insurance policies.
6. Health Protocols.
Lastly, you should only work with a removals company that complies with the strict COVID-19 health protocols of the government. Working with a good removals company with strict health protocols will secure that you won’t experience any COVID-related concerns during your move. A good removals company applies the following health protocols:
- zero physical contact during the move
- weekly COVID testing of all employees
- masking at all times
- fully vaccinated employees
- full personal protective equipment
- quarantine for employees who have been abroad
- required negative COVID results from employees who went abroad and were in quarantine
- updated travel safety protocols synced with the government
- no deployment for employees showing symptoms
- strict compliance with QR code check-ins